FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
355 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I am new to RMS and was trying to configure remote desktop. I connected my Teltonika router to another router for internet as shown on your youtube videos, then connected my laptop to teltonika router. Now internet works fine. Teltonika router LAN IP 192.168.10.1 WAN IP 192.168.1.8 / Laptop IP 192.168.10.191 / internet source router IP 192.168.1.1 . When I try to add remote connection using RDP and puttin laptops IP which is 19.168.10.191 it adds the device but when I try to connect it says ‘device could not be reached’

can you show me a topology where it will work? My computer doesnt have an antivirus so leave that option out. Also all connections are permitted on the laptop and I can connect to my laptop using another router

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

This issue still may come from a PC. Have you checked if you have enabled remote desktop in your PC settings? For example, Windows 10 settings should look like this:

Enable Remote Desktop should be set to on, and PC should be set as discoverable.

Regards.

by anonymous
Thanks for responding fast. Like I said all connections are permitted on the computer side and computer is discoverable