FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
906 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I have now update the firmware on rut950 to try to resolve the problem, but it is the same.

I have my local computer connected to the rut950, and trying to remote in to several anydesk computers.

The problem is when trying to remote in to a computer with anydesk, I cannot access it. I have tried to remote in to several anydesk computers with no luck. When using my telephone wifi lan hotspot I can access all my computers, so something is stopping the connections in my rut950. Some solutions?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

By default Teltonika routers don't block any connections going outside from LAN to WAN (the internet). Could you please confirm that there are no additional settings on your RUT950 that might be interfering with the connectivity? 

In some cases using custom DNS servers might also be an issue. I would recommend setting 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) or 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare DNS) as your DNS servers on your PC and re-checking if this issue still exists.

Also, please note that whenever you switch network connections on Windows from one network to any other, the Windows firewall may apply different rules and, in turn, it may treat the network that RUT950 provides as a "Public" network. The consequence of this is AnyDesk not having the necessary permissions to make any connection from the Windows machine itself. This profile switching on different networks also applies to most 3rd party anti-virus software.

Additionally, please confirm that your PC firewall settings are configured as recommended according to AnyDesk knowledge base here.

Best regards,

Tomas.

by anonymous
Hi Tomas,

I have exact the same issues with a RUTX09 firmware RUX_R_00.07.00. Just installed it as a simple NAT router but anydesk disconnects 50% of the time while doing exactly the same of a personal hotspot without any problems. There are no firewall rules that blocks outbound connection (even tested it with windows firewall completely turned off)

Best Regards,

Erik