FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,169 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Newbie to Teltonika here. I decided as a test to jump from my "vanilla" OpenWrt router to a Teltonika RUTX08. However, I'm struggling to get something that takes me 5 minutes on vanilla OpenWrt to work. What I'm looking to do is the following:

Teltonika with local subnet of 192.168.22.1 as client to 3 Wireguard remote servers at other sites. All the other sites have different subnets (192.168.23.0, 192.168.24.0 & 192.168.25.0). I want the Teltonika to connect to the other sites and then, as with OpenWrt, use VPN policy routing to send any request for the other subnets via the VPN with all other traffic being handled as normal.

I've used this guide as a kind of basis for the setup: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/index.php?title=OpenVPN_traffic_split&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

I've managed to get the tunnels established and got the VPN policy routing working but it's VERY temperamental and randomly works. As of now none of the traffic is routed down the tunnels and I've taken the Teltonika out of service which is a pity. On OpenWRT there is a Luci app which allows easy configuration of the policy routing but nothing for Teltonika and I understand the RUTX08 doesn't support vanilla OpenWRT?

Would be grateful of any advise from those more experience than me. Thanks in advance!

Michael
by anonymous

Hello,

Unfortunately, at this time this package and its features are not implemented in the web UI. However, it should be possible to make things work by configuring everything via the CLI commands. I'm assuming you've already installed the "vpn-policy-routing" package so I'd like to ask you to upload the output of your VPN policy routing configuration. To do that, please enter this command in the CLI: cat /etc/config/vpn-policy-routing and simply paste the output here. Also, if you can, type in /etc/init.d/vpn-policy-routing restart and add the full output as well.

In case there is any sensitive information (for example a public IP address) in any of these outputs, please remove it.

Best regards,

Tomas.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi, same issue here and also new to Teltonika. On an RUTX11. How to manually install the "vpn-policy-routing" package?  

opkg list | grep vpn-policy-routing - is empty?

by anonymous

Hello,

First of all, please update the package list via CLI (SSH) by issuing the following command: opkg update

Once it's done, you can install the package by issuing the following command: opkg install vpn-policy-routing

After that's done you can start configuring the policies.

Please note that there may be some errors during installation, however they do not impact the overall functionality of this package.

Best regards,

Tomas.

by anonymous
Hi Tomas! Thanks for your fast reply! And thanks for help!

I feel a little bit ashamed missing the opkg update here.... sorry ;-)