10879 questions

12963 answers

20221 comments

26142 members

0 votes
224 views 2 comments
by
Having recently experienced some LTE connectivity issues with an RUT955, I updated the firmware via RMS as a desperate attempt to correct. It took a week, but it finally came up on RMS again and I "got it back". An even newer firmware existed, so I updated to 7.01.1. Since then I entered a firewall port forward rule, but it wouldn't work. It was Port 9021 on LTE WAN pointing to 21 on LAN, restricted to only allow my IP only. After hours of trying to find cause, I changed the WAN to port to 21 and it worked. Other HTTP rules exist with unmatched ports on WAN to 80 on LAN and they work fine. It's just the FTP rule that doesn't. On older firmwares the original port forwarding rule works fine. Firmware issue?

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hello,

I've tested it on my own device with RUT955 and mobile WAN connection (with public external IPv4 address), pointing the rule to my LAN device (192.168.51.205) that is listening to any incoming TCP connection on port 21. Port forward is working without any issues, both with provided incoming source IP address and <Any> incoming source IP address.

Could you please double-check if your rule is the exact same? Additionally, I would also suggest temporarily allowing <Any> source address and checking if the port forward is working by using any port checker website, I used yougetsignal.com in my example.

if you're still having any issues, please post the configuration screenshot of your port forward rule. Please make sure to remove or cover up any sensitive information from the screenshot (for example public IPs). You may also send me a screenshot via private message if you do not wish to post it here.

Best regards,

Tomas.

by
I believe there are bigger issues at play. The device went offline several weeks ago. Suspecting a simple issue, the customer attended the remote site for me, removed and cleaned the SIM card. It worked again for a day and went offline again. It reappeared on RMS several days later. RMS reported it was reachable, but attempts to connect via Web UI was not possible, so I instructed RMS to upgrade the firmware. It appeared to, but it disappeared off RMS for several days again. The customer re-attended and reset to factory defaults. It became visible again and using Web UI from RMS I began reprogramming. When the modem restarted after changing to a custom APN, it disappeared again for several days. Again it returned and I upgraded the firmware to 7.01.1. Since then it has remained online, but I now have the Port Forward issue. I'll live with it for now. It's working. I cannot detect reason for it going offline all the time. The log has recorded activity while it's been offline, so it was powered up. I can't find any log entries that confirm the first firmware upgrade via RMS. I have to say, I don't like the format of exported event log. Not very helpful. Do I need an external reader to see it in its correct format with human recognisible date and time?

Best regards

Greg
by

Hello,

If these issues seem to be re-appearing even after a firmware upgrade/downgrade via the web UI, I'd recommend reinstalling the router firmware by using the Bootloader method. Please note, however, that physical access to the router will be necessary to do this. Additionally, I'd recommend not to use the old backup file but to reconfigure everything from scratch after upgrading the firmware if possible.

Instructions on how to perform the upgrade via the Bootloader can be found here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT9xx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

Please let me know if this method solves your issue or if it still doesn't work the way it should.

Additionally, as for the RMS log, currently there is currently no external log reader.

Best regards,

Tomas.