10924 questions

13027 answers

20298 comments

27234 members

0 votes
320 views 2 comments
by
I have now been using my first Teltonika device, an RUTX09, for a week.

I am generally happy with it.  I like the extensive features.

Unfortunately I do have one signficant problem I have been unable to overcome.

I live rurally.  Using a pair of LPDAs I can connect to either of 2 Cell IDs (both using CA) with clear line of sight 30km from me, and acheive good IP throughput.

Mysteriously, every few hours, the modem will switch to either of 2 other Cell IDs, with comparable RF signal strength, but never achieve IP connection, despite the UI showing that there is a connection.   The modem then remains in this state, until I reboot it, sometimes more than once, until it connects to one of the 2 known good Cell IDs.

So, as others have requested, UI option to lock to a cell ID, would be useful.

(I am currently reading about the AT command options but for someone with minimal understanding of LTE specifics and not touched an AT command since 56K modems, the information I have found so far, is not quite enough for me to confidently use this method).

Better still, what about UI features for WHITELIST & BLACKLIST of Cell IDs ?

That would be extrememely useful !

I live in hope.

Thank you.
by

Hello,

we've received a similar question before and I think it will help in your case:

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/38696/rut360-cell-lock

by

I followed the information at the link provided but still can not lock the cell.

Sample of the CLI session below.  Starting with the modem on the desired Cell ID 37390C, to which I wish to lock.  After issuing the final command, the modem begins searching, and over the next minute or so connects to several different cells for a short time, it does not lock.

Can you see something wrong with my command ?  

(I do not know what the "2" is in the QNWLOCK command, I just copied it from the example at the URL provided).

Thank you for any help.

root@Teltonika-RUTX09:~# gsmctl -K

+QENG: "servingcell","NOCONN","LTE","FDD",234,15,37390C,30,3625,8,3,3,6022,-88,-12,-57,12,0,-32768,-

root@Teltonika-RUTX09:~# gsmctl -A 'AT+QCFG="NWSCANMODE",3,1'

OK

root@Teltonika-RUTX09:~# gsmctl -A 'AT+QNWLOCK="common/lte",2,30,3625'

OK

root@Teltonika-RUTX09:~# gsmctl -K

+QENG: "servingcell","NOCONN","LTE","FDD",234,15,373926,347,2850,7,5,5,6022,-112,-15,-76,9,0,-32768,11

2 Answers

0 votes
by

Hello,

we've received a similar question before and I think it will help in your case:

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/41048/what-is-wrong-with-this-cell-lock-command

Regards.

0 votes
by

Hi, I'm the OP from the other thread which Marius linked to above.

Your issue with that cell locking command is the order of the EARFCN and PCID values. When using 'gsmctl -K' these are reversed.

So your locking command needs to be:

gsmctl -A 'AT+QNWLOCK="common/lte",2,3625,30'

The significance of the '2' is that this is instructing the modem to lock by cell ID. '1' is for locking by band, and '0' is for no locking.

You may be interested in this shell script I wrote for the RUT360 which you can run on cron to maintain your cell lock: https://github.com/hcuk94/teltonika-cell-autolock

I guess this should work for the RUTX09 too since Teltonika advise it uses the same commands - though I haven't tested.

For what it's worth, if Teltonika are listening I would also like to see cell blocklist in the web UI :-)

Henry