FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
964 views 8 comments
by anonymous
I have configured WiFi as primary connection and mobile as secondary. I can connect to main WiFi network using Scan button and entering credentials. But later router disconnects from WiFi and doesn't reconnect automatically. Also it doesn't remember credentials so I need to re-enter them each time. Maybe it is the reason.

Another strange behavior is that Scan functionality doesn't work periodically - it just loads blank page.

Firmware version: RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4.
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the troubleshoot files. I've taken a look at them and noticed some discrepancies that may be causing your issues. First of all, please login to your router and set it in "Advanced" mode to see more settings as shown on our wiki here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Wireless

Once done, navigate to Network>Wireless and edit the global 2.4 GHz settings. Then, select the "Operating frequency" and choose any other channel than 11. I'd recommend choosing any channel between 1 to 4 or 6 to 8. Additionally, edit the wireless interface which is currently operating as a client. Then, go to "Wireless security" and make sure the encryption type is set to "WPA2-PSK" (Note: in case you use a different authentication method to connect to your WiFi, select that one accordingly) as well as change the cipher to "Force CCMP (AES)".

Let me know if any of these changes yield any results.

Best regards,

Tomas P.

by anonymous
I made the change and let you know in couple of days if it helped.
by anonymous
Looks like it works now. Thanks a lot! Feel free to add an answer to mark it as a solution.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

I'm adding this answer as a potential solution for future reference in case of similar incidents. If this stops work or doesn't work the way it should, please let me know. 

First of all, please login to your router and set it in "Advanced" mode to see more settings as shown on our wiki here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Wireless

Once done, navigate to Network>Wireless and edit the global 2.4 GHz settings. Then, select the "Operating frequency" and choose any other channel than 11. I'd recommend choosing any channel between 1 to 4 or 6 to 8. Additionally, edit the wireless interface which is currently operating as a client. Then, go to "Wireless security" and make sure the encryption type is set to "WPA2-PSK" (Note: in case you use a different authentication method to connect to your WiFi, select that one accordingly) as well as change the cipher to "Force CCMP (AES)".

Best regards,

Tomas P

Best answer
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please try and upgrade your RUT240 to the latest (7.1) firmware? You can find it on our wiki page here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads

When upgrading, please make sure to keep no settings, or, if you kept them, please fully reset the router after upgrading to the newest firmware. Let me know if you're still having issues regarding this case after upgrading.

Best regards,

Tomas.

by anonymous
I already upgraded to it and performed several hard resets after it. Now what I see is that router's WiFi network periodically disappears while in logs I see no router reboot. Another issue is in WiFi client mode - it doesn't reconnect to main WiFi network (which has internet connection) and I need to disable WiFi client and re-enable it back to push router to connect.
by anonymous

Hello,

This is rather unusual. Could you please generate and send me a troubleshoot file via private message after the issue occurs? 

What's a troubleshoot file and how to download it:

A Troubleshoot file contains a device's event logs, configuration files and other info useful for diagnostics. It can be downloaded from your device's WebUI, Troubleshoot page:

System → Administration → Troubleshoot

Best regards,

Tomas.