FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
158 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi all,

I am wondering if there is an easy way to access an esp32 file server using the RMS? I'm not sure if I'm saying this correctly though. What I would like to do is provide someone with a web link that will directly access the esp32 files without having to log into the RMS and generate links etc.

I'm using a RUT240 wirelessly connected to an esp32 file server. The only way I can think of right now is to use 'Remote HTTPS' and generate a link with a long life which will allow them access. This is ok I suppose, but I would like a 'nicer' and more memorable looking link.

Hopefully I've explained myself enough.

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

There would be no "easy way" to do that, if you are accessing file server via RMS it will have to use RMS generated link for it.

You cant really bypass all of the system that makes access possible, and get direct link to file system. and since at least right now RMS does not have feature like custom URL generation, I don't really have another workaround except using some third party service that lets you create custom URLs to redirect to endpoint that you want.

That however might be a good suggestion for a feature to be added to RMS in the future.

Best regards,
VidasKac