FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
340 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Have a RUTX12 with latest 00.07.01 firmware installed.

All functioning correctly until I activate OpenVPN with NordVPN when it refuses to connect to internet. Disable VPN and it's 100% stable again. Have double checked config of VPN and it's correct by the Teletonika instructions and online video. Any ideas?
by anonymous
Just posted a more detailed answer with the instructions I received from Teltonika Technical

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your query.

Could you please elaborate a little bit what kind of logs/error messages are receiving? If you are receiving any error messages are these from the client side or the Server side?

Also, Could you please provide your OpenVPN configuration from the client side and NordVPN configuration from the Server side. Regarding router(client) configuration, please Navigate to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot and download the Troubleshoot file. Forward it to me via private message.(Please do not forget to attach logs and configuration from NordVPN(Server) side as well)

Best Regards,

Dziugas

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi Dziugas,

Thank you for your interest. With assistance direct from technical I have located and rectified the issue.

Here is the solution I applied and it has resolved the problem:

Using CLI to create new 'Nord' interface.

Navigate via Network to the 'Nord' interface and assign 'OpenVPN' Firewall setting.

Now fully connected to the internet with NordVPN active on the router.

Thanks to all.
by anonymous
Hello Guzzijack,

Thank you so much for sharing this.

I believe this definitely will benefit others having issues with Nord VPN and our routers.

Best Regards,

Dziugas
0 votes
by anonymous

Here are the instructions I received:

Client needs to create a new interface via CLI.

Please execute the following steps:

Navigate to System - CLI

Type:

uci set network.Nord='interface'

uci set network.Nord.ifname='tun0'

uci set network.Nord.proto='none'

uci set network.Nord.metric='100'

uci commit

/etc/init.d/network restart

Navigate to Network - Interfaces press edit button on new created interface.

In section Firewall Settings assign OpenVPN.

After that save and apply configuration.

After that navigate back to Network - Interfaces and check if data goes through the new interface.

Link to the instructions on how to use CLI: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX12_CLI

It worked first time for me, so hopefully it will for you. Please report back if successful. yes