10464 questions

12472 answers

19394 comments

21921 members

0 votes
167 views 2 comments
by

Hi,

I am using the latest SDK for TRB140 to compile a Firmware with glibc support, instead of musl. The make process always crashes with the error log attached below. Any suggestions how to solve the issue?

checking installed Linux kernel header files... 3.2.0 or later

checking for kernel header at least 4.14.0... too old!

configure: error: *** The available kernel headers are older than the requested

*** compatible kernel version

make[3]: *** [Makefile:31: /home/lauda/Documents/Original_libc/rutos-mdm9x07-trb1-gpl/build_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a7+neon-vfpv4_gcc-8.4.0_glibc_eabi/glibc-2.33-headers/.configured] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/lauda/Documents/Original_libc/rutos-mdm9x07-trb1-gpl/toolchain/glibc/headers'

time: toolchain/glibc/headers/compile#1.90#2.13#8.84

ERROR: toolchain/glibc/headers failed to build.

make[2]: *** [toolchain/Makefile:114: toolchain/glibc/headers/compile] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/lauda/Documents/Original_libc/rutos-mdm9x07-trb1-gpl'

make[1]: *** [toolchain/Makefile:110: /home/lauda/Documents/Original_libc/rutos-mdm9x07-trb1-gpl/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a7+neon-vfpv4_gcc-8.4.0_glibc_eabi/stamp/.toolchain_compile] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/lauda/Documents/Original_libc/rutos-mdm9x07-trb1-gpl'

make: *** [/home/lauda/Documents/Original_libc/rutos-mdm9x07-trb1-gpl/include/toplevel.mk:234: world] Error 2

Hint: I followed the all instructions as described in the README.

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hello,

Does it fail only when using glibc, or compiling sdk without any changes or other changes succeeds?

Regards,
VidasKac.
by

Hi,

compiling sdk without any changes works.

It works as well for minor changes, if I am selecting the libstdcpp (via make menuconfig - > Base system).

But it crashes when I am selcting glibc, instead of musl.

by

Hi,

Could you tell me what linux distribution you are using to compile SDK and output from command 

uname -a 

Best regards,
Vidas.