FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
160 views 1 comments
by anonymous
New install of RUTX12. Both SIMs working (Vodafone and EE) on 4G. No internet and unable to connect to RMS because server name not resolved. How should I proceed to resolve this?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

I'm assuming you're using "Auto APN" instead of custom APN? If so, could you please try setting APN given by your provider?

You can check if APN is set to auto or custom in the mobile settings here: Network > Interfaces > MOB1S1A1 or MOB2S2A1. Make sure that correct APN is entered. If you're not sure or don't know this information, please search online for that operator’s SIM card setting, or ask your mobile operator for this information.

Additionally, in the Network>Mobile settings, please make sure the correct PIN code has been entered for the respective card.

Also, in case you're using older firmware, please download and install the latest 7.1 firmware without keeping router settings. You can download it from our wiki here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX12_Firmware_Downloads

If you're still having problems let me know and I'll help you to troubleshoot this issue further.

Best regards,

Tomas.

by anonymous
I tried manually entering the correct APNs. One was already automatically set correctly to Vodafone APN. The other was pre-set to something different from the standard EE APN. This appeared to make no difference and there was still no internet after saving the new values. The PINs were already set correctly. I did not download new firmware at this point. I then reset the APNs to Auto and rebooted. When it came back up the internet was connected. So I don't know how I fixed it, but it appears to be working OK now. I then connected to RMS successfully and downloaded the latest firmware. Thanks for your response, but I am still unsure what caused the problem in the first place. However I am enjoying using the router and trying out the features.