FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
548 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello,
I have a RUT240 configured with eth1 as primary WAN and mobile interface as backup WAN.
I have left the device powered off for some days and then boot it up without the primary WAN (eth1 not correctly configured).
I expect the RUT240 to use the backup WAN, the mobile interface, to connect to the Internet (and it did it), and to synchronize the time through this interface. However this lat step is not done and the time remains not synchronized.
If I force it manually (/etc/init.d/ntpclient restart) it becomes synched.

Why do we see this behavior?

This is the NTP configuration of the RUT240:

I attach also the output of logread.

Thanks,
M

by anonymous

Hello,
any feedback on it?

Thanks,
M

by anonymous
Similar but not same here ion RUT360 with RUT36X_R_00.07.01.2:

When only LTE is connected on boot ntpclient does not set time, not even after manual /etc/init.d/ntpclient reload.

Initially after boot ntpclient is not found in ps output.

After manual reload a ntpclient process is running. When i run that same command from shell manually the time is updated.
by anonymous
At the moment I have not received any feedback.
This issue is blocking us from a massive upgrade to the new firmware version. We would like to solve it before upgrading our devices.
by anonymous
Me too on trb140 7.01.2. Time is way off after power cycle (no bb clock?) wich seems the cause that wireguard vpn remains silent.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I tried to replicate this issue myself on my RUT240 but time is syncing on my device.

I want to check in more details. Please generate a troubleshoot file and send it to me via private message. Go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot and click Download.

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,
I have tested again the situation with the new FW RUT2_R_00.07.01.4 and the issue does not happen.
So it seems to be solved in the new firmware image.
Maybe someone from Teltonika can confirm it.

M