FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
206 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hi, 

I'm facing two issue with firmware 00.07.00 and OpenVPN Client that was apparently resolved in 00.07.01 (but that firwmare was unfortunately recently removed and is no more available!). I have several RUT240 with 00.07.01 that work like a charm!

Frist issue : when creating the first time a new OpenVPN Client profile, the WebGUI doesn't show all options like TUN/TAP / Protocol / Port / HMAC authentication / ...  I tried on different browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox)

To by pass this issue, I finally added manually by SSH in the file /etc/config/openvpn  the options that are not showed by WebGUI

After modifying by SSH the profile, all options magically appear on the WebGUI, 

Second issue : if I modify anything in the created profile, the WebGUI mess up the configuration when saving the modifications :

Instead of saving : 

option tls_auth '/etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.myprofile.tls_authtls_myprofile.key 1'

the WebGUI saves the following option in the /etc/config/openvpn configuration file :

option tls_auth '1 /etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.myprofile.tls_authtls_myprofile.key'

which is a wrong option syntax, and produce the following error in the system log preventing the OpenVPN client tunnel working correctly  

Mon Dec 20 19:10:33 2021 daemon.err openvpn(myprofile)[6933]: Options error: Unknown key direction '/etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.myprofile.tls_authtls_myprofile.key' -- must be '0' or '1'

Mon Dec 20 19:10:33 2021 daemon.warn openvpn(myprofile)[6933]: Use --help for more information.

Mon Dec 20 19:10:33 2021 daemon.info procd: Instance openvpn::myprofile s in a crash loop 11 crashes, 0 seconds since last crash

Each time I need to modify something (i.e. activate/disable) in the profile, I need to go then in SSH and correct manually the option in /etc/config/openvpn

It could be great if we could have access back to the firmware RUT36X_R_00.07.01 that was removed.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Please private message me for firmware version 07.01.

EB.
Best answer