FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,663 views 3 comments
by anonymous

On the RUT240 the mobile data connection does not work reliable. Signal strength, SIM card ready, all is ok in the mobile overview, except 'Data connection state' which says 'disconnected'. The problem is intermittent, the problem does not always occur at boot. Powercycle or pressing the 'reboot modem' usually help, but this is not a workable solution.

According the the SIM card provider there is a working data connection while the Data connection state is 'disconnected'.

Diving into the system log, it seems there is no IP address. So when the modem boots and ends up disconnected the message is:

user.info Messaged[16278]: Start from new event "Mobile Data" "Mobile data connected: NL KPN Tele2 M2M"

If the modem gets a proper working internet connection:

user.info Messaged[19576]: Start from new event "Mobile Data" "Mobile data connected, IP: 10.153.231.125 NL KPN Tele2 M2M"

Firmware version: RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

by anonymous
Did you try a FW installation via bootloader menu and also try using custom APN if your using Auto APN ?
by anonymous

I use a custom APN. Firmware is the latest version (RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4).

I did not upgrade via bootloader but via system->firmware->upgrade. Previous version was 01.14.0, so minor changes.
I assume this ends up with exactly the same software, right ?
by anonymous

Hi Sigitas,

I had a same issue with RUT2_R_00.01.13.1, RUT2_R_00.07.01.4.

And after upgrading to RUT2_R_00.07.02.6, it was resolved.

However I would like to confirm if it had been fixed officially or not.

And please tell us which version should we use to avoid this issue.

I attached a toubleshoot file which was taken with RUT2_R_00.07.01.4.

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=11343034607496294410

Sincerely,

Taketo

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

I use a custom APN. Firmware is the latest version (RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4).

I did not upgrade via bootloader but via system->firmware->upgrade. Previous version was 01.14.0, so minor changes.
I assume this ends up with exactly the same software, right ?
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
This issue could be related to the quality of the signal or modem module firmware.
I would like to ask, to recreate same issue, generate a troubleshoot file and provide it to us.
You could attach troubleshoot file with a comment. It will be visible only to Teltonika engineers.
Detailed instruction how to generate a troubleshoot file could be found in our wiki.
This file contain logs, which will help to answer what cause this issue.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Sigitas