FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
151 views 0 comments
by anonymous
hello,

Please this is the second time i'am posting the question can anyone answer please.

Well i want to access my router webUI from another country,the team is generating the link and when i'am trying to access it,i have the error the device is unreacheable.

As shown in the pic below

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the provided information.

As I understand, you are trying to access the device remotely via RMS system, correct? If so - try creating new connection string and see if this will help, furthermore maybe you have already tried connecting to the device multiple times (entering incorrect password multiple times)? If this is the case then it could be that you simply blocked your self from the WebUI access.

If you accessing device WebUI via RMS, when creating new connection link there should be option to unblock your self. If you are connecting over the internet (via public IP), then try connecting to the device via different IP and see if it will work.

Best regards,