FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
249 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I have to configure more than 200 RUT950. Based on a complete configured device i want to use UCI. If i use "uci show" on console, copy all output to a texteditor bring "uci set" in front and paste all on an other console (of course an other device) it wouldn't work as expectet. expl.: Firewall/Zones are missing, Mobile doesn't connect, already assignt VLANs don't work. Latest Firmware.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Cloning a fully configured, "official" openwrt device best is done using a customized, fully configured firmware image, to be flashed to all the destination devices.

As Teltonika also provides a SDK for their "private" openwrt version, this should be the way to go.

I suspect, that quite a few Teltonika-private system pars are _not_ kept using uci.

BTW: Using a custom firmware image also has the advantage, to get rid of unnecessary packages. Thats the way to go for fleets of devices in an industrial environment.
by anonymous
In my case this is not appropriate, because i have to change VPN certificates and SIM-Pin on every device. My Idea was to use a python script, query via SQL a database an use spec data afterwards with the uci-commands to cusomise each router.

No way to use? Any further idee?
by anonymous
Yes, thats the way I do. Not using python, simple shell script good enough, because python needs quite some flash.

This script integrated in custom image; also to be used for pars changes during production usage, i.e. within cron job.
by anonymous
The Python runs dedicated, not on the RUT.  

Also: DB <> PC with Python <> new RUT Device

Target: one person should just press a button and bring the device to customer