FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
327 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello everyone,

Due to HTTP application requirement, I need to set up UTC time for RUT240. However, RUT240 behaves not as expected when I use SIM card to update timestamp. Whenever the RUT240 is switch OFF and ON, the time is changed to Local time (GTM+7) eventhough I have set the Timezone UTC.

When I took off the SIM card and use mainly Wifi for internet connection, the NTP worked fine. I also set the update interval to 1 minute, which is always update from server (The configuration below).

I am using the latest firmware (RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4). Can you please help me on this problem?

Thank you so much.

Nam

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
I would like to advice add tick to the box "Force servers" and enable NTP servers (example down bellow) and save configuration:

In case issue still persist, try to change NTP servers to these ones:
0.openwrt.pool.ntp.org
1.openwrt.pool.ntp.org
2.openwrt.pool.ntp.org
3.openwrt.pool.ntp.org

Best regards,

Sigitas

by anonymous

Hello Sigitas

Thank you for your support. I have tried to config as your description, the connection seems fine for about 4 days, after that, the timestamp is wrongly updated. Only after I unplugged and plugged the power supply, 8 hours later, the timestamps is updated correctly.

When I took a look at the Network log, I notice that the Mobile data will be refreshed at UTC 2:47AM everyday. However, until Jan 9, the RUT mistakenly updated wrong Timestamp. After that, the data are still sent but when the timestamps are incorrect, these package are rejected.

I noticed that in the System log, there is an event LAN plugged in appear many times, at the same time as the incorrect timestamp updated. Thus, I assumed this may a problem with the system. 

Can you please help me checking on this? Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Nam

by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for a reply.
Could you replicate same issue, generate a troubleshoot file and provide it to me.
Detailed instruction how to do that in this link
You could attach this file with the comment (it will be visible for Teltonika engineers and your) or send via private message.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Sigitas