FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
204 views 0 comments
by anonymous

RUTX11
RUTX_R_00.07.01
Internet working fine. Connected to 3rd party Wifi system as per the online video and system says I am connected. However, I get no pop up screen to request User / PW combination and no access to internet. How do I get access to that pop up screen to enter the User / PW or how do I enter it during the Wifi setup screens, please?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If I understand correctly, you connect with your RUTX11 and configure it as a client to have WWAN connection from another WiFi network - if this is the case and you must authenticate the device (RUTX11) in order to have a working connection then try to do the following:

1. Connect the RUTX11 to the 3rd party WiFi system as a client (WWAN) and set the firewall zone as "wan", make sure there is no IP subnet overlapping;
  2. Connect any device to the RUTX11 LAN/WiFi and enter the gateway of hotspot in web browser. The hotspot authentication web page should load and you should be able to enter username/password which will authenticate the RUTX11 as well as any device connected to the RUTX11 when using the hotspot.
It's also possible to do this by setting firewall zone to "lan" but in this case masquerading has to be enabled for that zone. It's also possible to simply create an entirely new zone for WWAN, set it specifically for the WWAN WiFi interface and enable masquerading for it without affecting the default "lan" interface.

Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Tomas.