FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
258 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Dear all,

we have several microcontrollers connecting via Wi-Fi to RUT950 units running firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.7 deployed in the field.

The firmware of these MCUs has a debug output on Telnet that works just fine with Microsoft Telnet.

However when I try to access it through RMS it simply doesn't work.

I add a new Remote with the following settings:

MANUAL mode

Port 23

Protocol TELNET

Device (MQTT) any RUT950 unit

Then I click on the Remote and click the Connect button. A CLI appears asking for Login and Password.

As these units Telnet have no users or password, I hit Enter twice. Then nothing happens.

Maybe RMS is expecting to send credentials. If this is the reason it doesn't work, I suggest adding a "Login" flag in the Remote configuration, so users can enable or disable login as needed.

Niccolo Gallarati

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Please try to update the firmware of your RUT950 device and try the configuration of the remote Telnet again. You can find the latest firmware at this link: RUT950 Firmware Downloads

Also, I'm going to leave the Teltonika Networks Wiki link for the RMS remote Telnet feature in case you need more information: RMS Remote Telnet

Another piece of advice would be to try to ping the device's IP (whether it's local or remote) that you are trying to connect from the SSH client just to be sure that it is reachable.

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Please try to update the firmware of your RUT 950 device and try the configuration of the remote Telnet again. You can find the latest firmware at this link: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Firmware_Downloads

Also, I'm going to leave the Teltonika Networks wiki link for the RMS remote Telnet feature in case you need more information: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RMS_Remote_Telnet

Another piece of advice would be to try to ping the device that you are trying to connect from the SSH client just to be sure that it is reachable.

by anonymous

Dear all, 

I had finally some time to test what you suggested. 

I upgraded a brand new RUT950 to the latest FW RUT9_R_00.07.02 , then I created a new Remote Telnet in RMS to host 192.168.1.2 port 23.

The result is the same: once I connect to it, a black screen appears with a "Login:" prompt. I press Enter, it ask "Password:", press Enter again and nothing happens.

However if I connect to the RUT950 WI-Fi network with my Windows machine, open a Command Prompt and type "telnet 192.168.1.2" it just works.

The MCU I'm trying to connect to has no username or password on Telnet and it is on port 23 by default.

Please advise.

Nick

by anonymous

I tried Auto Scan instead of specifying an IP address, it is indeed detecting the MCU with its port 23 and 80 open.

by anonymous
Dear all,

Any feedback?

Can you add an option to connect to Telnet without autentication? Maybe this is the issue.

I can help you beta testing it

With regards

Nick
0 votes
by anonymous
Is there any update?

I have similar issues: no telnet connection with a device not requiring a user ID.

Please respond, thanks

Gian