FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
304 views 1 comments
by anonymous
for some RUTX11 units with identical configurations & devices plugged in, when we drive the modem using DC12V direct via Molex, some devices will not boot up, some will.   For those that will not boot up, power light is on, ethernet light is on (for the laptop plugged into port 2) - but that's it.   If I switch it over to supplied power adapter (AC to DC Molex) - it will power on.    

If I take a different device - plug it into the DC 12V Molex direct - it will power on, I get wifi up and running, cellular up and running, etc.   Of the 5 units I have here - at least 2 will not boot up from DC12V & 2 will (the 5th unit is in production, so I can't test that one).

Firmware version does not matter - happens on 00.07.00 and 00.02.06 just the same.

Any thoughts on this and how to work around?   we're looking at a 12VDC to 24V Passive PoE injector - to see if we can overcome it that way - but preferrably we'd like to not introduce another device into our environment.
by anonymous

well - not really sure about the "why" of this.   If I upgrade it to FW released yesterday (07.01.02) - at least 1 of the devices will now boot - same 12V power source, same load.

So - this did not actually solve the problem.   after a number of reboots - we're back to the original problem - 12V DC, device doesn't get past specific point in the boot sequence.   move to the AC adapter & it'll boot every time.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

The router has a 4 pin power socket and can be powered by a 9-50 VDC power supply unit (PSU), minimum 12W.

If you decide not to use the standard 9 VDC wall adapter and want to power the device from a higher voltage (15-50 VDC), please make sure that you choose a power supply of high quality. Some power supplies can produce voltage peaks significantly higher than the declared output voltage, especially during connection and disconnection.

While the device is designed to accept input voltage of up to 50 VDC peaks, high voltage power supplies can harm the device. If you want to use high voltage power supplies it is recommended to also use additional safety equipment to suppress voltage peaks from the power supply.