FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
363 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello, I just purchased  the Rutx14 to install on our boat to pick up 4g and wifi. Can I run it on poe through a single ethernet cable? If so, what device would work best to supply power and maximize transmission. Is the tsw100 switch the right product? Is there a switch with wifi access point product available to power through router and transit wifi on board?

Thanks!

Adam
by anonymous

Literally just last night, I ordered a PoE injector that was recommended from another community member here who said it works out of the box, no faffing around with any power, ports or additional dongles. 

They recommended the "Ubiquiti Networks Instant 802.3af Indoor Gigabit PoE Converter" (model INS-3AF-I-G, $25 at Amazon US). 

I'll know in a couple of days if this works, and can report back. I needed a clean, inline solution, and this could be it for me (and possibly yours as well!)

The key is to make sure you get the 24V version, not the 48V version. Unifi has a few models, indoor, outdoor, 24V, 48V, and PoE to USB. Choose wisely. The one I linked above, is the 24V, Indoor, PoE Injector version.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding this question of yours, RUTX14 does not support Active POE so it cannot be powered up via POE or POE+. It is supporting Passive POE, you can power it up using POE Injectors like this: Amazon.com: PoE Texas GPOE-1B | Gigabit Passive Power Over Ethernet Injector - Combines 10/100/1000 Data and DC Power on RJ45 for PoE, 2.1mm x 5.5mm DC Connector Will Accept 12-56v DC (Power Supply NOT Included) : Electronics

For more information about powering options for RUTX14 you can refer to this link: RUTX14 Powering Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Regards,
Jerome