FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
197 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi there,

I have an Rtux11 and as far as what I want to use it works fine.

I still have a little problem now. If I have connected another network, I would like him to first pull the data from there and only then should he access the SIM card if the connection is no longer available.

At the moment he's doing it the other way around.

The question would also be asked for this request "RUT-950 use WWAN as main WAN" Unfortunately, no answer was given.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks and regards, Karsten

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

How is your RUTX11 setup as the WAN failover device for your primary network?

I have mine setup as the WAN2 failover device for my Unifi UDM Pro main WAN1 network. When that network is down, after ~30 seconds (not configurable that I can find), then UDM flips to WAN2, and routes all traffic to my RUTX11, which then kicks in and does SIM1 => SIM2 switching/failover or load balancing, depending on how I've configured it.

When my WAN1 comes back up, UDMP automatically fails the WAN2 => WAN1 back over, and traffic then flows over WAN1 as the primary WAN interface.

What does your network topology look like?

by anonymous

Hello and thank you for the answer,

what am I going to do. It should help me in the motorhome to keep the SIM network upright - it does. If I'm at the campsite now and there is a hotspot there and of course I have set it up, it should be the Main. Only when this hotspot breaks off should the SIM network become active again.

That's my idea. Your statement is very technical - I understand part of it, but I admit not all of it. I can enclose a screenshot and clarify it.

Thank you and greetings, Karsten