FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
311 views 1 comments
by anonymous

RMS has buildin support for updating Firmware and configuration. The question is if I can use RMS Task Manager to do this  in one task and in this order:

1. Upgrade Firmware to the latest version.
  2. Upload (configuration) backup
  3. Install some files en execute them.

At this moment I have to do this manually:.

1. Action | Upgrade Firmware | Wait until modem is rebooted
  2. Action | Upload backup file | Wait until modem is rebooted
  3. Management | Task Manager | Execute 'Task Manager script' to upload files and execute them.

by anonymous
I have searched this forum for similar questions and saw that you can upgrade the modem to a desired firmware version by using the command sysupgrade RUTX_R_00.02.06.1_WEBUI.bin.
You can restore a config file by using sysupgrade -r backup.tar.gz

The question I now have is how to incorporate these commands correctly in Task Manager so that the first command (sysupgrade RUTX_R_00.02.06.1_WEBUI.bin) is executed. The Task Manager should then wait until the modem has booted up and then run the second command (sysupgrade -r backup.tar.gz). The Task Manager will then wait until the modem has rebooted and execute the last series of commands.
So my question is about incorporating the waiting time until the modem is rebooted, is this possible and how?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Regarding your comment about the wait time - you could use the "Timeout (seconds)" field for any specific task and set it to any desired time. I'd recommend a timeout of 5 minutes which is 300 seconds to make sure the device is given enough time to finish upgrading/rebooting before executing the next command.

Best regards,

Tomas.