FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
173 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Dear community,

I've seen in another question that there seems to be a bug which does jeopardise using  5GHz WiFi  for both access point and client simultaneously.

I am suffering from the same inconvenience in  2.4GHz  band. My configuration was set up as follows:
   1.) Configured and tested  access points  for both  2.4GHz and 5GHz; working without any problem.
   2.) additionally configured  2.4GHz  client (currently only my home  7590 FRITZ!Box, but more client configs
        will have to be created while we are travelling).
        Result: 2.4GHz  access  to external  WiFi  is working fine, but  2.4GHz access point (although still reported active
        in the Network list) is no longer transmitted by  RUTX11  since this config change.
        Therefore, the exernal  WiFi  can only be re-used from internal clients which communicate to  RUTX11  on  5GHz band.

I need a fix to this problem because I need to run the client in  2.4GHz  band  for coverage range reasons (required external  WiFi signal, for example from my home  7590 FRITZ!Box, at the nearest possible  RUTX11  location is only visible on  2.4GHz, but on  5GHz  not even with excellent external antenna on the roof of my campervan) while one of the internal clients to be connected to external  WiFi's does not provide  5 GHz support (Android car radio, which therefore imperatively needs to connect to the  RUTX11  via  2.4GHz).

Please can you inform me about the availablility of a fix to this problem.

Many thanks in advance for your kind support and best regards

Gerald
by anonymous
Updated my initial description to correct a few misleading descriptions ... sorry  ...

Gerald

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

There must be a misconfiguration as it should be possible to simultaneously use the 2.4 GHz as both client and Access point.

Kindly refer the below link for similar issue:

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/43264/rutx11-2-4-ghz-simultaneous-use-as-ap-and-client

Regards.