FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
384 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I have RUT 240 at my summer cottage, using it for a home automation system. It is working without any problems. Problem is very simple, WiFi is not strong enough in sauna (50 m from the house). There should be the same IP address than in the house, in order to get the home automation system to work. What kind of solution do you recommend for that?

I would like to stay using of RUT 240, because it simply works. I already tested WiFi amplifier (8 w), does not help

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

You can expand the signal area by removing direct obstacles between objects. To do this, it is sometimes sufficient to raise the antenna or use a more powerful antenna. The standard RUT240 WiFi antenna has 3-5dBi gain. When choosing antennas from third-party manufacturers, consider the following requirements.

Another alternative in your solution could be an additional WiFi Access Point that would act as a WiFi repeater. If you selected RUT240, the operating scenario could be as shown here.