FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
147 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hello

We are considering Teltomika devices for our company upgrades. Read through provided information by you but I still have questions in mind. Maybe you can help us decide.

1-If we understand correctly we can see estimate data usage in RMS under monitoring period tab but I guess it’s the internet provider data. Can we see which devices spent how much RMS data on doing what?

2-If we configure one router and copy it to other routers we have, does ip adresses clash or do we need to change it manually or how it works?

3- We have our own routers and we want to keep them and put teltonika routers behind them for backup connectivity. How we can configure that?

4-Can we limit internet data and RMS data per device? If so how?

5- I saw QoS but can we prioritize traffic on router UI and on RMS? For example rdp more important, camera and mail less important?

6-how can we scale vpn connections up to 2500 devices? Rut 950 for example, topology?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for provided questions, here are my answers to your questions:

1-If we understand correctly we can see estimate data usage in RMS under monitoring period tab but I guess it’s the internet provider data. Can we see which devices spent how much RMS data on doing what?

Answer: Estimate data usage in RMS show how much data device will potentially is going to use to send monitoring data to RMS system. On RMS you can generate reports, which can showcase how much overall data the device have used, not including RMS monitoring.

2-If we configure one router and copy it to other routers we have, does ip adresses clash or do we need to change it manually or how it works?

Answer: The easiest way to do this, would be to use backup configuration file from the device. By using this method, you will provide mirror configuration to the device that you would upload. The only criteria is that HW must match. So if you have router A backup file and upload on the router B, router B will have identical configuration of router A.

3- We have our own routers and we want to keep them and put teltonika routers behind them for backup connectivity. How we can configure that?

Answer: In my opinion the best approach would be to use VRRP feature: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_VRRP_configuration

4-Can we limit internet data and RMS data per device? If so how?

Answer: Currently, we do not have this kind of feature on our products.

5- I saw QoS but can we prioritize traffic on router UI and on RMS? For example rdp more important, camera and mail less important?

Answer: QoS is currently only configurable trough device WebUI. Via RMS you can get remote access to the device without a need of using public IP.

6-how can we scale vpn connections up to 2500 devices? Rut 950 for example, topology? 

Answer: Our devices or not meant to be VPN server, thus they can only support for example up to 200-300 OpenVPN connection as an example. But, you can try using RMS VPN feature which allows you to host/create VPN Hub/server on RMS system and connect any kind of device via OpenVPN protocol.