FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
305 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Is it possible to monitor 2 n/o or n/c inputs in order to send emails when status change?

I need to monitor 12v ups that is powering the Rut955

Thanks in advence.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this inquiry of yours, just want to clarify and get more information about the UPS you want to monitor.  

Here are the two questions in mind: 
1. What is the voltage output you are giving out on these NO & NC output contacts of the UPS you want to monitor?
2.  For the NO & NC input, what will be the trigger for this one, and how it is getting triggered? 

For the second point about sending email, it is possible for RUT955 we will be doing it with I/O Juggler where the action is set to send an email when the input changes. 

For more information about I/O Juggler you can refer to this link: RUT955 Input/Output - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous

Hello Jerome ,

This project is about 50 to 60  <<boxes>> populated with a 12v ups, a rut955 and a12v 2a dc device.

The ups has two set of  outputs with no voltage(nc-com-no) , just plain open-close circuit situation.

On ac failure the nc-com opens and no-com closes

The same behavior has the second set of outputs when battery is low.

For above events i need some kind of notification like sms or email.

Ideally i would like to have  a mechanism to turnoff - turn on  power on  the dc  device  by sms or by web on demand.

I really  appreciate your help.

Regards

Giannis

by anonymous

Hello Giannis, 

Kindly try these wiring diagrams and see if it works :) 

For the first one to monitor AC Failure: 

In I/O Juggler you need to specify a Digital Input rule where the action is set to send an Email or SMS. 

The next one is for the control of the device remotely via SMS is possible: 

1. First, add this rule in the router itself. Navigate to Services > Mobile Utilities >SMS Utilities add a new rule: 

2. Configure the rule to be like this:

- Enable
- I/O: Isolated Output (3,4,8) 
- State: High
- SMS text: OpenCollector (you can change this) 

Then save. 

The wiring diagram for this control will be like this: 

For the battery, monitoring is the output going to give voltages? Because pin no. 2 and 7 of RUT955 a wet inputs meaning you give it voltage to determine if it is logic high or low. A logic high is 9-30VDC and a logic low is 0-4VDC. 

NOTE: ALL OF THE ILLUSTRATED CIRCUITS ABOVE IS WORKING WITH DC. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards,
Jerome