FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
225 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello! New member, please be gentle.

My RUT240 is on a remote site, connected via 4G (no public IP). Connected to the RUT240 is a Hikvision IP camera (192.168.1.64).

I've installed OpenVPN Client and it's showing as connected/online in the OpenVPN console (100.96.1.18). My home PC is also connected (100.96.1.22)

Is it possible to setup some kind of route/forward so I can access the Hikvision (port 80) from the home PC? I've tried a few things - Port Forwarding etc - but none seem to work

thank you!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding this approach of yours if the OpenVPN is up by default when you successfully made the OpenVPN connected you can access the local LAN network of the clients. But if both of your PC and RUT240 are OpenVPN clients you need to enable Client to Client communication on your main server. Also, keep in mind that there are two types of OpenVPN modes (Tapped Bridge and Tunnel Mode). 

On the other hand, if you don't have Public IP address there is one 3rd party VPN solution that we are supporting "Zerotier One VPN".

You can refer to this link for more information: ZeroTier Configuration - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope this helps you

Regards,
Jerome