FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,077 views 5 comments
by

Hello, I'm using RUT230 RUT2XX_R_00.01.04.1. I'm connectinng two clients to wifi. They got connection, one of the client have static DHCP lease (192.168.1.100), second one is dynamic. After some time - usually day or two, router disconnects both clients from wifi, but they are still reported in LAN. Clients cannot connect to wifi again, signal strength in Wireless status is 0%. I need to reboot or reset wireleass security restriction to make it work again, but again after 1 day or 2 problem gets back.

Thanks for your support.

by
Hello . I have a RUT240. I have used it for 2 month and I have the same problem with the clients disconnected, but that happened 2-4 times per day. I have the latest firmware and I have made many factory restores and again load the latest firmware but the problem is still there.

I have had a Dovado Tiny before and it never happend such things.

The reason I bought RUT240 was that I needed a second router, but now I have to buy me another  brand

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Upgrade your router to latest release: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT2xx_Firmware

DO NOT keep settings when upgrading!

If issue persist, test router with one connected wifi device, perhaps one of these two devices cause such issue.
by
Thank you for the answer. I will try with the upgrade.

Is it really possible to some connected device may cause the issue? Unfortunatelly I cannot unplug one device as both are parts of the solution. One is android 8.0 tablet, second one is raspberry pi zero W.

Thanks,
by anonymous

Hi,

Is it really possible to some connected device may cause the issue?

Yes, sometimes devices "pollute" wifi network and it crash.

Unfortunatelly I cannot unplug one device as both are parts of the solution. One is android 8.0 tablet, second one is raspberry pi zero W.

Ok, but i think should be possible to check wifi connection without your solution?

by
Thank you. Just curious, because I have the same devices working for a long time with different routers and not encountered this kind of issues. Would you recommend any monitoring tool to verify the hipotesis for making the wifi poluted by some device?

Thank you!
by anonymous
Firstly identify who cause such issue, then you could try to investigate why this happening.