FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
187 views 3 comments
by anonymous

having problem registring and receiving confirmation email to our mail/mail server

was able to register on this forum, received confirmation from 'connect from mail.teltonika-iot-group.com[85.206.141.106]'

HOWEVER, when we go on account creation page, getas below, BUT, nothing is received

presumedly, out mail server is rejecting this for some reason - but, I can not see any connect attempts form any teletonika that I'm able to identify.... seems we have some incompatibilty with whatever server you're using for account confirmation ?

please help, I can send you further details off the forum if you like

REGISTER

Registered successfully! Please check your email.

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

From the image shown, I suspect you are referring to the confirmation email for an account on the RMS platform.

Confirmation emails on Crowd-support and RMS platform work the same way. However, you could verify that the address typed in RMS is correct and that the confirmation email is not in the SPAM nor deleted folder of your email account.

Also try to check with the web extension of your mail server if confirmation mail is there.

As last option you could create an account on a different email service provider and check if you recieve the confirmation email there so to know if the issue is on your email provider or not.

Regards
by anonymous
Anthony,

thanks for the reply.

I administer our mail server, and:

when setting an account here, I see an immediate connection from your network, and, receive an email, no issues

when trying to setup RMS account, I can not identify any attempted connection on the server that's coming from your network

I'm guessing something our mail server doesn't like your RMS accounts mail server, but, it's hard for me to identify without some help from teltonika side

can someone please tell me IP or server name that RMS accounts use, so I might be able to find the reason on our mail server ?
by

Hi,

RMS platform uses Amazon SES for a massive and secure mailing service. 

I recommend you to check these Amazon SES article to get the blocks of outgoing IP addresses SES service is using.

Regards

by anonymous
Anthony,

thanks! we  erroneously had one of the amazonses IP ranges blocked - and, RMS emails were coming out of that range, our bad

all good now!

#dig TXT amazonses.com +short| grep 'v=spf1'

"v=spf1 ip4:199.255.192.0/22 ip4:199.127.232.0/22 ip4:54.240.0.0/18 ip4:69.169.224.0/20 ip4:23.249.208.0/20 ip4:23.251.224.0/19 ip4:76.223.176.0/20 ip4:54.240.64.0/19 ip4:54.240.96.0/19 ip4:52.82.172.0/22 -all"

Feb 14 21:46:28 postfix/postscreen[12232]: CONNECT from [69.169.224.13]:55307