FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
197 views 1 comments
by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
I would like to ask, could you provide more information about your questions?
For a start it would be great if you could tell what VPN service you are using.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Sigitas
by anonymous

Hi Sigitas
Thank you for quick response. I will describe what we are doing.
We manufacture machines ( www.autopack.com )and are in process choosing the best router on every machine considering the price and functionality.
Some of our customers ask us to use Ewon Cosy, or Phoenix Contact, but I am leaning towards Teltonika RUT 240 or RUT 300  as price is good and it is small and uses less power.

Here is the physical set up:
Each machine will have PLC HMI and 5-10 other Ethernet devices connected to switch on the machine. Then we plan to put a Router connected to the switch.
So the idea is that when machine is installed at customer site, the machine router will call out to us and we are able to connect our software to machine and change program etc etc.

I have already registered couple of RUT 240 on your RMS portal, and connected to machine using your VPN hub. But I ran into problems when I had two RUT in one VPN Hub.
        I am not sure if I was doing something wrong but I could not ping devices to the lan side of RUT (even if the other one was disabled)
      So I created another VPN hub for second RUT 240 and that seems to work
So hear are some questions:   

Q1-Do I need to create VPN hub for every router. Remember the lan side of each router will connect to similar devices with same IPs. For example Lan side of remote routuer will be 10.1.0.1 and Devices on the lan say 10.1.0.2 up to 10.
    2- Is RMS Connect going to give us this functionality? To be able to select machine (router) we want to connect to and be able to see / ping all IPs on the lan side. 

3-What is the best way to do it using Teltonika RMS.

Your help on above is most appreciated and it will go a long way to enable us to convince our customer to accept Teltonika routers on Autopack machines.
Thanks in advance
Brian