FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
697 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have a camera connected via Ethernet to my RUT955. The RUT955 has a Sim-Card with a known Public IP, so I am able to contact the router and Camera remotely.

I want to establish a FTP connection to a server, to save pictures from the camera. I am able to ping the FTP Server from the Routers Interface but when I am trying to set up the FTP connection within the camera it is unable to find the FTP Server. Are there settings I am unaware of, where I can allow devices in LAN to connect to the Internet?

Thanks!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

For this case of yours, kindly make sure that the camera is configured with the correct IP addressing with the default gateway specified. This one is to ensure that the camera will be able to route the traffic from the router throughout the internet. And make sure the FTP configuration is correct.

Thanks

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous

Hi Jerome,

sorry for the late answer. What exactly do you mean by "the camera is configured with the correct IP addressing with the default gateway specified". Do you mean within the router settings? I tried to look for rules for outgoing traffic but it did not change anyhting.

I use a port forwarding within the Router to remotely access the camera over the Public IP of the SIM-Card within the Router. 

Thanks!

by anonymous
Hello,

If the router is allowing access to the camera remotely then there is no issue within the router. I believe the issue is on the FTP Server side, it would be best to double-check the firewall rules on your FTP Server maybe something is blocking it. The router will not block anything by default.

Regards,
Jerome