FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,395 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi there, i am i.t manager for a local taxi company and have purchased a RUT240 for Avaya Phone system Failover and i need to change the WAN port to LAN port, i have firmware version the latest RUT2_00.07.01.2  and have followed the procedure to change the ports, after i have done this i have noticed when i ping the LAN port that was the WAN port it keeps timing out and starting up and timing out all the time has anybody had issue  please i only have 30 days to send back if it is faulty thanks  (the original LAN port works FINE)

darren potter

ITN

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
This used to be simple on the old pre-7.01 firmware, I have found this option missing, in fact you seem to have to change an option to see more options: -

Goto Network/WAN, under interfaces click edit on WAN, it will likely be set to DHCP, change it to anything else then back to DHCP and suddenly Physical settings will appear, then you can try each of the interface options one at a time save & apply, then on the above menu save and apply again to see if it works.

I actually gave up on this as it never seemed to work, but I dont think I tried all interface options or the bridge option which I would presume is required, maybe I did, but I didnt get it going.

To FIX it I ended up upgrading one of my other sites with version RUT2XX_R_00.01 to RUT2_R_00.01.2 the same as the latest I had on the problematic devices (yes this was on 2 devices same issue), then I backed up the other sites firmware and restored it on the new units and they are now WAN=LAN working.

But if I then goto the WAN settings/edit to see what is the correct settings it doesnt show, so clearly a BAD bug.

Same with Wireless setup, the option to change the CHANNEL is GONE!!!!

Their are a lot of bugs on v7 but I have been using the now discontinued RUT2XX_R_00.01 on several sites, with OpenVPN and they have been bullet proof to date, but you will not find that version!

Maybe an admin can comment on these issues?
by anonymous
OKAY UPDATE!

There is a poxy Advanced button under MODE at the top of the new GUI, my bag for not RTFM!

Switch it on and you see loads of config onwards including WiFi channel options.

To get WAN as LAN.

I turned off WAN on Network/interfaces.

Then in LAN edit options under Physical settings, under Interface I clicked in the box and added eth1, which you will see under WANs same option is in fact eth1.

Save and apply all that and WAN will become part of the LAN, make sure you save/apply on both the adaptor page LAN and the upper page showing all adaptors.

Happy days.