FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
592 views 7 comments
by anonymous
All,

I have the latest firmware installed on my RUT240 but I'm unable to get other packages to install. I want to install BGP but I'm getting only two lines with packages which are successful installed.

How can I install other packages with going default settings (Factory defaults)?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
I would like to ask, what message you receive when trying to install BGP?
Also, what other packages you want to install? Does during the installation they give some error messages?
Thank you in advance for answers.

Best regards,

Sigitas
by anonymous

Hello,

I cannot install BGP as it is not displayed. See also screendump below.

Package Manager RUT 240

by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for a reply.
Please try to download packages from this link and install required packages manually using Package Manager.
Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Sigitas

by anonymous
Hello,

Thanks for the link, I have downloaded it and tried to upload but that fails. Its saying that there isn't enough space to store it. With other words lack of space of the BGP consumes to much space.

Is there a way to extend the memory? It uses now 77% of the flash memory.KR,

Johan
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for a reply.
In firmware 7.1.2 user receives 4.8 MB of free space for a packages and unfortunately there are no way to expand that size.
If at the moment your device have 77 percent of used device memory, BGP package could be too big to install it.
As a solution I could offer to downgrade firmware to a version 1.14.5.
This version already have TCP Dump, DDNS and BGP implemented in a system.

Best regards,

Sigitas K.
by anonymous
My version has installed now TCPdump and DDNS by default it wasn't.

After upgrade from to 7.x I lost DDNS as well as TCPdump, to recover from that. I did a reboot with factory defaults and could add these packages and hereafter restored the backup.

The latest version of RUT240 (or newer product) does it has more memory onboard?

Kind regards,

Johan Valstar
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for a reply.
If your device have firmware 7.1.2 as factory firmware, then you are correct - this version does not have DDNS and TCPdump in default firmware and these functionalities could be added as packages.
Because of that reason, device have a bit more space for packages, then a legacy versions.

Best regards,

Sigitas
by anonymous

Could you also send me the package for release RUT2_R_00.07.01.4?