FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
239 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi there,
I have a fleet of remote cameras running RUT240's with Jetson's plugged into the LAN port. One of these devices has suddenly failed, as the Jetson can no longer be seen on the LAN, and the RUT240 even logs has a steady stream of these messages:
LAN unplugged / Wired WAN connection non operational

I still have remote access to the RUT via RMS. Running firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.5

The RUT should remain powered on 24/7 while the solar+battery maintains enough power for it, but the RUT seems to be going offline for a few hours each night, suggesting that maybe the battery supply voltage to the RUT and the Jetson has been low.

Is there anything that I can do remotely to help fix this issue and get the Jetson connected again to the LAN port? 

Also, is there any way that I can remotely get information about the supply voltage to the RUT? Does it behave a certain way when it turns off due to low voltage?

Cheers,
Blake

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hi Blake,

You can restart a particular service via CLI from the RMS platform. Access to the RMS account and under MANAGEMENT in the Devices option select your RUT240 and launch a CLI interface.

You might lose communication with the platform because this will restart all interfaces but once it finished you will see your device online back again. If this doesn’t fix the issue and there wasn’t any setting that has changed then the issue could be from the Jetson device side.

Unfortunately, we do not have the voltage value available to be monitored from the RUT device now. If the power control unit from your solar system has Modbus protocol, it can be polled from the RUT and sent to a server.

Regards

Anthony

by anonymous

Hi Anthony,

Unfortunately that command you mentioned wasn't able to make any difference to my issue. 
I've now had this same failure happen to a second device in the fleet, and also tried your command but it didn't seem to work for the second failed device either. We've now got both of these devices stuck out in the field with no access to the Jetson onboard. We can still see both of the RUT240's online each day, but can't see any sign of life from the Jetson plugged into the LAN port, and we have the same message:
LAN unplugged / Wired WAN connection non operational
appearing in the device logs.

Is there anything else at all that you can suggest help debug this issue and to protect against it in our other devices?

Cheers,
Blake