FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
547 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello, on the new router I change the password through the command line, but after going to the web interface, the router offers to change the password, although I have already logged in with a new one. how to avoid it?
I change with: passwd

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Changing password via SSH does not affect the first login script. To disable the first login script on devices running RutOS (7.0 or newer) firmware, execute the following command via CLI (SSH) in addition to changing the password with passwd command:

uci delete vuci.main.firstlogin='1' && uci set vuci.main.advanced='1' && uci commit && reload_config

This command will delete the first login script and it'll set the router WebUI mode to advanced straight away.

Please note that this command will only work on devices running the newer RutOS firmware (v7+). It is slightly different if using legacy firmware.

To disable first login query on legacy firmware, run the following commands in the CLI (SSH):

uci delete teltonika.sys.first_login='1' && uci set teltonika.sys.pass_changed='1' && uci commit && reload_config

Best regards,

Tomas. 

Best answer
by anonymous

thank you very much

by anonymous
If you changed the default password via WebUI then this command won't do anything. Just to be clear - this command has to be used only when router is booting up for the first time and first login password change hasn't been completed yet.