FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
647 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi

We use RUT950 in DOOH and AI applications and require an external antenna mount for the RUT950

Question 1

My local distributor tells me that only the SISO antenna is compatible with the RUT950 and that the MIMO is not compatible.

This doesn't sound right to me.

COMBO SISO MOBILE/GNSS/WIFI ROOF SMA ANTENNA
Order code: PR1KCS28

COMBO MIMO MOBILE/GNSS/WIFI ROOF SMA ANTENNA
Order code: PR1KCO28

Could you confirm compatibility of either or both the above with the RUT950

It would be super great if there was some sort of compatibility table listing to show which RUT devices are compatible with which antennae.

Question 2

Which is the best orientation for the antenna?

a) to have the dome face upward (vertical plane)

b) to have the dome face horizontally (horizontal plane)

Thanks and regards

Clive

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

RUT950 router, one mobile antenna connector is "MAIN", while another one is "AUX".

Depending on what technology (3G/4G) is used to connect to the mobile network provider, "AUX" antenna performs a different role:

When "3G" technology is used, "AUX" antenna is used as "diversity antenna" for error correction. Its effects are mostly noticeable in poor mobile signal strength areas.

When "4G (LTE)" technology is used, "AUX" antenna is used both as diversity antenna and as a secondary receiving antenna, increasing data connection quality and overall mobile download speed of the device.

We recommend you to always have both mobile antennas connected for the best performance. However, if the situation does not allow you to use both mobile antennas (e.g. if the router is mounted in tight space where there is only enough space for one antenna), then "MAIN" mobile antenna connector should be used.

Any external antenna gain must meet RF exposure and maximum radiated output power limits of the applicable rule section. 

More information can be found here

You can use for mobile 2 X LTE ANTENNAS (MAGNETIC MOUNT, SMA MALE, 3 M CABLE) and for Wi-Fi 2 X WIFI ANTENNAS (MAGNETIC MOUNT, RP-SMA MALE, 1.5 M CABLE)

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello,

I just want to shed more light on the above antennas.

LTE ANTENNAS (MAGNETIC MOUNT, SMA MALE, 3 M CABLE) & WIFI ANTENNAS (MAGNETIC MOUNT, RP-SMA MALE, 1.5 M CABLE) do not have Radome Ingress Protection rating: IP67

Those antennas are indoor

Best regards,