FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
225 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I want to force the RUT240 (Firmware RUT2_R_00.07.01.2) to use only 2G mobile network.

With the "old" firmware RUT2xx_R_0.01.14.5 the mobile network could be configured. But I am missing this configuration in the "new" firmware. Is there any way to do this anyway?

Thank you!

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for provided information. Just checked the RUT240 with the firmware version RUT2_R_00.07.01.4 and the feature is there. Recommend upgrading device's firmware version to the latest one. After which connect to the device WebUI and navigate to Network -> Mobile -> General and under the Service mode you will be able to select which service mode you prefer to use.

Best regards,

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi to all,

I have RUT240, factory fw RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.5. I can't update firmware remotely due there is an external ping watchdog resetting RUT240 when 8.8.8.8 not reachble so I want avoid RUT240 to be unpowered during firmware upgrade.

I have second RUT240 with same factory fw for SMS test:

Afwgk3 cellular apn=ibox.tim.it service=3g   

I can correctly see updated apn but I can only set service mode to auto, other settings (2g, 3g, 4g) don't change service mode.
Are there known bugs? Thanks.