FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
104 views 0 comments
by anonymous

I use RUTX12 model and firmware 02.05.1.
I would like to ask about the fail-over function and load balancing function.

First, you can enable/disable the failover feature.
If the main connection is lost after disabling the function, it automatically switches to another connection. Why is that?

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

By default router always searches for internet connection, in the default policy rule you can see that router searches for connection in WAN then in mob1s1a1, then in mob1s2a1 interfaces. If all interfaces have internet connection then router chooses interface with highest priority (you can set priorities in WebUI > Network > Interfaces by dragging and dropping interface you wish to change priority).

A failover Interface Configuration page is used to configure how the device will determine whether an interface is online or offline. By enabling it your chosen interface is always checking if it has internet connectivity, when the main interface loses connection to the internet then router starts using another interface with highest priority.

NOTE: in RUTX12 both SIM cards are active at the same time

Let me know if this information helps you.

Kind regards,

Edvinas