FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
213 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Firmware version:                 TRB1_R_00.07.01.4
Firmware build date:             2022-02-25 09:21:08
Modem firmware version:     EC21EUGAR06A01M4G
Kernel version:                     3.18.20-msm

Hey,

I have made a prototype app that communicates with TRB141 via SSH and UCI. For this I used python module paramiko. I am able to talk with the gateway and change the configuration, however, it doesn’t seem to apply it even though I finish by sending the “uci commit” command.

I have 3 actions: 1 send SMS and 2 send email. The parameters I’m changing are phone numbers in a phone group, email addresses and an accompanying text message which is the same for all three actions. For simplicity I will focus only on the text message.

In the Web UI I wrote the text message as:

“Testing second device
%ts
uh”

I tested that the SMS and emails get sent and that worked.

Then I used my app to change this parameter. I sent the following commands:

When I fetch the data from the gateway, it returns this new string which is:

"Test message
%ts
hola"

I check on the Web UI and it also says this new string:

And I check though CLI and it also says this new string:

However, when I trigger the actions, I get the old text message.

I tried refreshing the Web UI, applying changes to individual actions and to all actions through Web UI and I tried running the "uci commit" just for iojuggler and user_groups.
I also tried to run these commands in the Web UI's CLI and the results are the same. The change appears to be there, but the SMS and email return the old message.

I don't get any errors when running these commands so I'm not sure what is at fault.
I have two TRB141 units and both have this issue. Please help!

Kind regards,

Meri

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Once you have sent the required changes with the uci commands, try to restart the iojuggler service. It looks like this:

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# uci set iojuggler.@action[0].text='VGVzdGluZyBkZXZpY2UKJXRzCnVo'

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# uci commit

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# /etc/init.d/iojuggler restart

Regards.
Best answer
by anonymous

I get this response when I run the command:

But it works regardless!

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Meri