FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
585 views 17 comments
by anonymous
This is full output, then command hangs.
Both sims were fully functional in 00.06-release.
This is after fresh firmware upgrade without keeping config.
While logread shows some output at router-start, the below command does not show anything more from the log.

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# sim_switch change sim2
Starting sim_switch...
Initializing uloop...
Connecting to ubus...
Reading configuration...
Running...

( Sending sms with switch_sim is working. )

And 2nd question: Which command I could use to get currently used sim-tray?

Many thx for your help,
Best regards,
Rainer
by anonymous
--- seems 2. question is fully misunderstood, please read comment below  ---

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The command to see the status of the network interfaces is "cat /etc/config/network" and the one that the router is using to get a connection with the internet should be the one with the lowest metric. Also, you can use  "cat /etc/config/simcard" to see extra information about the simcard configuration, like which slot is configured as the primary one.

The issue with the sim switch command has been noted and a workaround to this command is to use the following command: "ubus call sim change". 

Also, you can use the command "ubus call network.interface.mobXs1a1 status" to get information about the network interfaces of the router. 

Best answer
by anonymous

Our experiments show that ubus call sim get work in both v6 and v7. 

root@VPN087:~# cat /etc/version

RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.3

root@VPN087:~# ubus call sim get

{

"sim": 2

}

root@VPN087:~#

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# cat /etc/version

RUT9_R_00.07.01.4

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# ubus call sim get

{

"sim": 1

}

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~#

However we are still trying to find a way to switch sim that works in both v6 and v7. Is this possible? 
For v6 this works:
sim_switch change sim1
But this fails in v7. And for v7 we can use:
ubus call sim change
But in v6 this takes the device offline for >10 minutes and sim is not switched, probably due to sim failover.
by anonymous

Hello, 

The bug that is causing the command "sim_switch change sim1" to not work has been noted by us and the R&D team, so this should be fixed by a future firmware release but at the moment there is no date for this. 

by anonymous
Many thx :-)
by anonymous
Is `sim_switch change sim2` etc working yet as of firmware RUTX_R_00.07.02.2 ?
by anonymous
"ubus call sim change" is working

just fyi: I prefix a "gsmctl --reboot; sleep 10; ..." (not really nice workaround) to resolve modem-hangs which I have from time to time. These cmds I checked in a loop out of a few hundreds switches and is working 100% well.