FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
181 views 2 comments
by anonymous
New Teltonika RUT955 using LAN cable & laptop, upgraded from 7.01.2 to 7.01.4 from Server. That went ok. But when attempting to restore a backup made from another identical modem running 7.01.4 from the same laptop, round and round she spins, never stops. We're an hour in waiting, and scared stiff. It's happened before, and when we have interrupted, we generally have to reset or boot loader restore. Then the modems remain flaky, never right again. We are struggling with three ruined already. Any clue why this is happening? Is the Quectel EC25 firmware version relevant? Does RMS resolve these issues automatically? Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi

I have tested to restore backup to another identical RUT955 under 7.01.4 without having any issue. Can you provide more details regarding the issue:

1. Have you successfully loaded the backup to any one of RUT955 under 7.01.4 by using the same backup file? Have you tried to generated another backup file and tested again?

2. Did the round and round spin refer to "Rebooting" spin or other spin? Did you change the gateway IP of RUT955 which has backup file generated? If yes, you need to use the modified gateway to access the new RUT955.

3. What were the lights status on the new RUT955 while you noticed loading backup file was stuck in progress?

4. After you reset or restore the RUT955 via boot loader, what flaky issues were observed?

The issue was not related either to Modem firmware nor RMS.

Regards,

Ledong
by anonymous

Answers from our engineer: (My comments are in this font)

My answer for the comment in the webpage are in yellow highlight, while green highlight is I am not sure what you meant. Please do note that while its applying backup now, the teltonika main page is saying “ your page has expired, please log in again” (refer to below photo).  I did not do anything to it yet, as I am not sure how should I proceed from here. Afraid if I manual reboot it, then this unit will become flaky again.

Have you successfully loaded the backup to any one of RUT955 under 7.01.4 by using the same backup file? Have you tried to generated another backup file and tested again? We did not successfully restore – as till today still applying backup. Do we need to generate another backup file and tested again on another RUT955? Will this ruin another RUT955?
This backup file acts just like the others we have made before it. So yes, this is the third try, I believe.

2. Did the round and round spin refer to "Rebooting" spin or other spin? Did you change the gateway IP of RUT955 which has backup file generated? If yes, you need to use the modified gateway to access the new RUT955Round and round spin indicating applying backup.
No change to gateway, same SIM card, same IP from cell carrier.

3. What were the lights status on the new RUT955 while you noticed loading backup file was stuck in progress? Right now it is stuck on applying backup. The signal strength LEDs are blinking steadily with 4 bars of green light and connection status LED is green lit and blinking once in every few seconds. 

4. After you reset or restore the RUT955 via boot loader, what flaky issues were observed? The previous issue is connection status LED and Signal strength LEDs are blinking every second at once, waiting for hours and still blinking non-stop. No connection were able to get via WEBUI or internet connection. 

More detail: Remote access to WebUI comes and goes randomly without us touching anything. Sometimes even LAN access to GUI does not work. We an often remotely log into our sensor (connected on LAN side) through our OpenVPN tunnel, while simultaneously unable to ping or or access the Teltonika's GUI. It is confusing to say the least. 

The other issue is that some RUTs are in a remote part of Malaysia, and these will drop for 4, 6, 8 hours. Could it be that the EC25 has firmware that although an LTE device, it still relies on 3G to authenticate? 

Also, there is constant traffic about LAN cable being unplugged and then being re-plugged. Once thought specific to one device, we now realize that we see it on all.

THANK YOU

by anonymous

Hi, 

It seems you've implemented RUT955s in different countries that may come with different product codes. Please ensure you upload the backup file to the units under same product code.

Please refresh the login page to check if you can login the RUT955. You may need to reboot/reset RUT955. Reload firmware from bootloader won't affect hardware's performance but help to recover it from inaccessible status.

You can download the troubleshoot file via Systems-Administration-Troubleshoot and send to me via PM that I can use to analyze the issues you've observed after restore.

Regards,

Ledong