FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
629 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hi, I can't connect to rms and have found that the device serial number and mac address are missing. This seems to have happened after i had to default and upgrade firmware via the bootloader option. I have found another user had the same issue but it does not explain how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers
by anonymous
I have the same problem on 5 devices, everything worked after a firmware update, the serial and mac information disappeared, the equipment remains working but disappeared from the RMS
by anonymous
Hi I have same issue, anybody get a resolution that did'nt involve a factory reset? I have a device which has done this after a SIM was swapped.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

From what I understand, you are having trouble finding the serial number and mac address to register the device in RMS, correct?  When you say they are missing. Are they missing from the WebUI or physically on the device? These values are also found on the device case. You can also see them through the Status→System option. 

by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for your reply but the issue is that they are missing on the device. I have the serial number & Mac address from the sticker on the device but can not add it to the rms software. when i login to the device directly this information is not stored in the device. Under Serial number the section is blank and under MAC Address it states FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
by anonymous

Sorry, when you say you can't add it in RMS. Is it because you receive some error from the platform? If you receive an error, what kind of error is it? You can also validate the serial number and MAC Address through the troubleshooting file. You can get it via System→Administration→Troubleshoot and download the file. Inside this file, you can view the information in the file called sysinfo.log. If you don't get it, you can send me the file and I can check it. 

If the information displayed in the sysinfo.log file is different than the sticker. You can try these and see if it logs in RMS. Otherwise, you can tell me what error you get so I can help you further. 

by anonymous
Hi,

I'm not getting an error in RMS as it was added previously when it was connecting, so now it just constantly shows offline. I downloaded the Troubleshoot file like you had advised but I am unable to open it.
by anonymous
Hey,

The troubleshooting file is compressed by default. In order to open and view the files, you will need a decompressor such as WinRAR. You can also send it to me if you like, so I can check the behavior.

On the other hand, if you had already registered the device via RMS and lost connection because of this MAC problem. It is most likely that the communication between the firmware and RMS is failing. If you can send me the troubleshooting file as I mentioned, I can check it better.
by anonymous
Hi,

How do I send the troubleshoot file to you. I have tried to open it but can't.

cheers
by anonymous

Hi,

You can send via private message or add link to cloud where file is located.