FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,042 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I have been using a RUT240 for a couple of months now, and I have been getting a good wifi signal from it. All of a sudden, the wifi signal has disappeared. I have verified this with several devices, but none see a wifi signal (even from a distance of 1 meter). I tried rebooting the unit, pushing the reset button, and changing the wifi antenna but still no signal. The unit displays several lights: 1 for power, 4 cellular signal bar lights, and another light immediately adjacent to the one bar signal strength light. I do not know what this light signifies, and I can not find a RUT240 hardware manual on the Teltonika website. Does anyone know what this last light indicates, or do you have any suggestions about debugging this? At this point, I am suspecting a hardware problem.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

RUT240 does not have LEDs for Wi -Fi indication. You can check Wi - Fi interface status by logging into routers WebUI and going to Status -> Network -> Wireless. 

If no interface is found, Wi - Fi interfaces can be added by going to Network -> Wireless and pressing Add.

You can also try to reset the device to factory configuration by going to System -> Backup and pressing Restore under Restore default settings section

If you cannot resolve your issue, I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Reboot the device, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
So, it might have been obvious, but I finally figured out that if I connect a LAN cable to the RUT240 it would then communicate. After I did that the wireless signal fixed it's self right away. Thanks for the advice that got me thinking more about it.

I spoke too soon. After this initial success, I reinstalled the router in it's regular configuration. That is different because the unit is powered by POE over the LAN port. After connecting it like that, I no longer get a wifi signal. So, I went back to the configuration that had worked, but now I am not able to get the wifi to work at all. I tried to disable and enable the wifi access point but that didn't fix it. I am confused about your instructions to backup -> restore. I have to have a file to restore from, which I do not have. Are you suggesting that I should first create a backup file? I created a backup file that I am sending to you.

Now, an hour after being configured with the factory power cord and a LAN cable connected to a computer, the wifi signal from the RUT240 was finally detected. Next, I then tried plugging in the POE to the LAN port and disconnecting the power cord so that the unit did not shut off, and the wifi signal was still present. So, I then powered the unit on/off and the wifi signal is now missing again. It seems that powering from the POE (at 12V DC) into the LAN causes the wifi transmission to go down.
by anonymous

Hello,

Please make sure that you are using a passive PoE injector to power the RUT240 as the device is not compliant with 802.3at, af standards. 

Also, try updating your firmware with the file from this link.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
I got my unit communicating again by upgrading the firmware. First I upgraded to the latest firmware (7.01.4). However, I couldn't get it to connect to the internet. Finally, I tried downgrading to 1.14.1 and now it is connecting.