FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,114 views 5 comments
by

Does  RUT950 sent POWERLINK traffic from site A to site B via mobile network.
I create openvpn , but can't sent Ethernet Powerlink v2  PREQ (Pool Request message) from site A

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Does  RUT950 sent POWERLINK traffic from site A to site B via mobile network.

Have you checked this locally? I mean when both devices are connected to the same router LAN.

by

At this moment site A and B are connected via fiber and it’s working normal. I want to use RUT950 mobile connection as a backup connection link. When I disconnect fiber link I can't sent Ethernet Powerlink v2  PREQ (Pool Request message) from site A.  all other traffic(mesages) possible to send from site A to B

by anonymous

all other traffic possible to send from site A to B

How you testing this? 

As I understand you have connected device to RUT950 which send "Ethernet Powerlink v2  PREQ " to router "B"?

by

I capture traffic when A and B are connected via fiber. And try to play it from site  A (RUT950-1) to site B  (RUT950-2) which connect via LTE.

SOC (start of cycle), SOA(start of asynchronous) messages of  Powerlink  possible to receive on site B but PREQ (Pool Request message), PRES (Pool response), ASND (Asynchronous Send) not possible to receive on site B RUT950 router

by

Additional question :

Can I do connection with 2 RUT950 via LTE? And use it for L2 traffic?

by anonymous

Sorry, I'm missing something from your description.

Could you draw a simple sketch of your network topology? Describe how everything is connected and how they are communicating with each other.

Can I do connection with 2 RUT950 via LTE?

If routers has public IP's then yes, you should be able to reach each other without any VPN.