FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
502 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

Is it possible to run the latest RUT955 firmware as a docker container on my PC?

Thanks in advance

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

The application you request has not been tested, thus no definitive answer can be provided.

Could you also give more information regarding why do you need such setup?

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous
Hello,

We run a free WIFI portal and have to remote manage a lot of routers.

We are constantly doing dev work on the routers and as such our developers have to make sure they have a router on them at any time in case a bug comes up or a new feature is needed.

Would make it a lot easier if they didn't have to have a router with them to test out new changes they want to make.

Kind Regards,

Danilo
0 votes
by anonymous
Having developed lot of CP solutions, running on "official openwrt", I would not recommend to use a docker image.

As Teltonika also uses coova-chilli for the CP, which does dynamic mods of firewall (iptables), this will be to tricky.

For serious testing of hotspot solutions, I _always_ use real openwrt device, incl. 955.