FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
205 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I own RUTX14 and I would like to configure it in such a way that only clients with static DHCP lease (fixed MAC-IP assignemnt) can access to the internet and communicate inside LAN. Could you please instruct me how to do it?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

You could use firewall to achieve this.

You would need to create firewall rules for each of the clients that would allow the access to the router, and then, at the very end, add a rule that would drop all inputs from all other clients Make sure you create the rule to allow your PC first, as then you would not be able to reach the router at all if you block the connections first, and the rule to block everyone should be at the very bottom of the rule table. The setup would look like this
Best answer
by anonymous

Rule list:

Allow pc:

Deny all:

by anonymous
Thanks. It works :) And I have one more question. What does it mean "Destintion zone: Device (input)" exactly?