FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
133 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I am trying to set up 3 * RUT955 (RUT9_R_00.07.01.4) routers with DMVPN over the internet.

Each device is connected to the internet using mobile data network. They have public dymanic IP addresses which I've registered on no-ip.com as the IP's changes from time-to-time. DDNS has been configured on each RUT955 and they are accessible from the internet via DNS .

I now trying to set up DMVPN. Unfortunately it seems that under the GRE PARAMETERS CONFIGURATION it only accepts IP addresses (not DNS names).

Is there a way around this, so that each router is accessible to eachother across the internet?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to enter local and remote GRE tunnel addresses as hostnames, these should be IP addresses since they will be from a private IP address range, 10.1.1.1 for example. You only need public IP address at the server and the server hostname should only be entered into spoke configuration field Hub address.

You can find example configuration on our wiki page.

It is suggested for remote address on the hub to use %any

The BGP configuration is currently not completely accurate