FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
258 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Firstly, Thank you for the help. I dont have too much technical skills, so I greatly appreciate the help in my situation.
My situation:
I regularly use the RUT955 with a M2M SIM Card to provide internet through a LAN connection to my Android device. I usually do not have any issues if the signal in the building is strong enough. When the signal is weak and I am given WIFI access (sometimes), I connect the RUT955 to the WIFI then provide internet through the LAN cable.

So when I have a weak cellular signal and I am denied WIFI access, I would like to place a RUT955 near a window where the signal is stronger, then create a Hotspot. Then connect a 2nd RUT955 through the WIFI provided by the 1st then provide internet through the LAN cable. The 2nd is able to connect via WIFI to the 1st RUT955 but no internet is being provide through the LAN cable.
I was really hoping this was going to be a easy solution to a situation with a weak cellular signal.
Please let me know what I should do. Thank you guys.

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hi,

Desired configuration is posible by setting WIFI WAN on 2nd RUT955. Rut device will work as AP (Access Point) and Client Mode at the same time.

This is a quick steps guide on how to configure WIFI WAN:

1. Do a “Reset” to clean all unnecessary configuration made.
  2. Turn on "Advanced WebUI" mode. You can do that by clicking the "Basic" button under "Mode", which is located at the top-right corner of the WebUI.
  3. Change your RUT955 LAN network address to anything different from default by clicking on Network →  LAN and edit the IPV4 address setting. Save and Apply changes.
  4. Log in with new LAN address, click on NETWORK →  Wireless, click on “SCAN” and choose 1st RUT955 network by clicking on “JOIN NETWORK”, type the passphrase and “SUBMIT”. This will create an interface with the name of the Wireless Network, you may leave as default or change with desire name. Save and Apply.
  5. Wi-Fi WAN will now be listed with Mode “Client”.  To set the interface as Main WAN go to Network →  Interfaces click WWAN and drop it to the top position.

Notes

• Step 3 is due to the reason that the 2nd RUT955 will get its WIFI WAN IP address from the 1st Router providing WIFI, so to avoid Network conflict it is necessary to have different LAN networks address on both RUT955.
  • Wired and wireless devices connected on 2nd RUT955 will be on the same network and get IP address on same DHCP range.

To wrap this up you can watch this YouTube video on How to Enable WIFI WAN.

Regards

Anthony