FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
445 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I'm developing a Python base script to gather information from a rut240 device. I couldn't find a UCI (or something else) command to get the status of the cellular modem/s (RSRP, RSSA etc.)

Could anyone advise on how can I get modem related information via CLI commands?

BR

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Use gsmctl to get modem information: gsmctl -q => RSSI, gsmctl -Z => SINR, gsmctl -? for a full list of options.

Regards,
Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks a lot!

Very simple and useful tool. I did not know about this tool since usually I don't get to work with GSM etc..

I have another question please, in gsmctl I couldn't find how  one could specify the interface to get info about (LET1/LET2 etc.. - I have a RUT device with 2 SIM cards inserted).
by anonymous
gsmctl -O 1-1.2 -q for the RSSI of the second modem, applicable to the RUTX12 only, not the second SIM of the RUTX11.

You can check the bus-device.id in /etc/board.json.