FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
519 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

RUT240 HOW TO SET SECURITY AS WPA2-AES OR WPA3? Weak security No internet

I have problem to get a wierless internet in my motorhome, I have a rut240 and it says first weak security then no network .. select WPA2 AES or WPA3 and it is not possible to select it. What should I do to get internet on my new RUT240

Regards Jeanette

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

It is possible to change the encryption type on RUT240. In order to do so, you need to:

• Login to your router's Web interface;
  • Navigate to Network -> Wireless;
  • Press pencil icon on the right of the wireless interface to edit its settings. An additional window will show up;
  • Go to Wireless security tab;
  • Select your preferred Encryption type;
  • Save and apply.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

You cannot select WPA AES or WPA 3

Jeanette

by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please tell, what device are you trying to connect? Also, I would like you to try the following settings:

• Select encryption WPA2 - PSK (Pre - Shared Key) and Cipher Force CCMP (AES). There is no such thing as just WPA2. It is divided into WPA2 - Personal and WPA2 - Enterprise. WPA2 - PSK is another term for WPA2 - Personal.  
  • Select encryption WPA3 - SAE. As in WPA2 case, WPA3 - SAE indicates that WPA3 - Personal is used for securing wireless connections.

Test if you can access the internet and share your results.